Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I need to get some fucking friends!



Yup, those words came out from Peter Klaven's mouth (played by Paul Rudd). In "I Love You, Man", he just proposed Zooey (Rashida Jones) and planning to have a wedding reception. Now the problem is, Peter has been a 'girl friend' type = dun have guy buddies. Meaning, he doesn't have a best man to accompany him through the aisle later on. Afterwards, he tries hard to get a new buddy by many ways before the D-day, and during the search, it seems that he finally gets a perfect guy, Sydney (Peter Segel). Although, this new buddy has changed Peter gradually in some kind of guy friendship which he's never been experienced before (mind you, most of his friends are girls). Little by little, Peter realized that having a 'boy friend' becomes so exciting, although the payoff will be the jealousy and less time for her wife-soon to be Zooey.
That's the brief story of this movie, which is kind a refreshment, since it's been a while I've seen a romantic-comedy, well, in guy's perspective. In the end, I enjoyed this movie a lot, cause I think the content is unique, refreshing, and entertaining. The whole cast were giving me lots of laugh, from Peter's Dad (J.K Simmons), brother (Adam Sandberg, from SNL), and we're even entertained by Jon Favreau, the "Iron Man" director himself, plays as one of Zooey's friend husband. Oh yeah, not to mention Lou Ferrigno, Mr. Hulk, playing as himself.

For your infos, some of the jokes are quite abusive, or even sexually related (no wonder it's been given an R rating). Usually, I don't get the R-rating jokes (mostly offended somehow), but they turned out pretty well, and they went along with the overall plotline. It's a good movie to watch for couples. It's not a chick movie or whatsoever, and I'm sure guys will like it as well as I enjoy it.

My Rating : 8/10

Share on Facebook

No comments: