Friday, August 7, 2009

Listen, we f*cked up. We lost Doug!

What a hilarious comedy flick!!! The HANGOVER managed to give me lots of laugh, from beginning to end. Thanks to the power of the trio Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper, I guess this is the funniest comedy I've seen in several years. It has a good story line, great cast, funny jokes, boobs, little chinese d*ck, mike tyson, and a tiger. I won't spoil too much plot line, it's better for you all to see the movie with least infos and spoiler.

SYNOPSIS
Two days before his wedding, Doug and his three friends drive to Las Vegas for a blow-out bachelor party they'll never forget. But, in fact, when the three groomsmen wake up the next morning, they can't remember a thing. For some reason, they find a tiger in the bathroom and a six-month-old baby in the closet of their suite at Caesars Palace. The one thing they can't find is Doug. With no clue as to what transpired and little time to spare, the trio must retrace their hazy steps and all their bad decisions in order to figure out where things went wrong and hopefully get Doug back to L.A. in time to walk down the aisle.

REVIEW
The good thing about this movie is that as soon Doug is lost, we can't predict what will come up next, and believe me, it's really funny and hilarious to see fit all the pieces together. What keeps me entertained all the time is that every different scene always comes up with something fresh, so you won't get bored. Like after the tiger scene, you got baby, then you got hospital, chapel, hooker, Leslie Chow, and so on and on.

So long, gay boys....

I've lost count of the profanities used (yes, f-word in almost every scene). Some of the jokes may sound offensive, but I believe it's blended perfectly. Nevertheless, I guess the HANGOVER is not just a guy's movie, chicks will also like it (well, apart from the cool Bradley Cooper). Mike Tyson also had his part here, which amazingly, quite funny, and the singing, oh my. The mob boss, Leslie Chow (Ken Jeong), can become a distraction, or even stealing the scenes, especially his terrible gayish sound (somehow, I felt he is WAY over the top on the characterization). Last but not least, Heather Graham is super hot. I know she's not young anymore, but still, her role as the stripper brings more color and hotness to the storyline. It's nice to see every time she pops out.

The Hangover is the sleeper comedy hit of 2009, and, more likely, a cult flick in the years to come. It's more deserving of such acknowledgment than many recent successes, and while we may live in an era saturated with unnecessary sequels, I'm sure we'll see the sequel in the future.

My Rating : 8.5/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the movie was totally AWESOMEEEE!! these dudes were freaking funny!! nevertheless I'd like to hi-lite the role of Bradley Cooper that seems to be flawless in literally manner.. but I couldn't be more agree that he is way too HOT that you can't even blink for just one sec everytime that he appears on screen huahahhaha.. *what a chicky comment that I just threw out uh?! oops.. cant help it!! xx

Unknown said...

Oh mi gosh, here it goes again...she's talkin highly about that particular guy...haissss...anyway, his character is like 'the cool dude' who 'acts stupid' within the circles of 'stupid people'...hahaha...I mean, he played well as a guy who has to maintain his 'coolness' although his actions may prove that he's much more stupid than any body else. Still, Heather Graham is super freakin hot!!!