Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Christmas...

The main purpose of coming back...celebrating christmas with family and friends. I just realized that since I've been in Singapore, I have always celebrated Christmas in my lovely J-Town. I was back on December 19, and straight away on the following day, Suri, my parents, and I watched AVATAR, and it was one hell of a movie !!! I'm planning to watch it 2nd time on 3D next week !!! Then, I had dinner with Lorraine + Arman, where they treated me on Sundanese dinner @ Ikan Bakar Cianjur. It's been a while since the last time I tasted local cuisine, and this one was perfect enough to fulfill my appetite. The nasi liwet was so delicious, especially combined with the griled fish, tahu, and kangkung. Slurrpp...

One of those many double datings to come...

Afterwards, we went to Cafe Pisa, to have some desserts, and last but not least, a very long chit chat almost about everything. I guess this double dating thing works out well, huh? Also, I brought the laptop so they can finish the last 10 minutes of '500 Days of Summer'. Well, apparently, the copy which I gave them several months ago was hanged in the last 10 minutes, and it was stopped right at the park scene, where Tom and Summer met again after some time. Imagine they were watching, near the climax ending, and suddenly they got that shit??? Well, now they can take relax a bit, I guess.

On the 23rd, I had a chance to meet Alicia, since she was also going home from Bali, and it's really rare occasion since usually our schedules of going back to J-town are usually messed up. As a part of our ritual meetings, we had a lunch at Bakmie GM. I know there are many other noodles which taste better than this, I guess it was only for sentimental purpose. And to my surprise, her sister just had a baby, with a cool name, Reindhart. Man, so many kids named with R these days, Richie, Rexton, and now we have Reindhart. I hope they don't grew up CADEL !!!

Fast forward to Christmas Eve, we made a plan with Icil, Lorraine and Arman again, to meet up at CC, my high school, to attend the Christmas Mass. As far as I remember, this was my first trip ever since my sister holy matrimony back 2 years ago. I used to talk a lot about my high school times to Suri, but I never gave her the tour. Now, she could saw what used to be my classes...sealed up with glass and air con !!!! For the mass itself, there was nothing new, same old ceremony at the basketball hall, hot as usual, great choir with the whole band of instruments, same person in charge (Pak Wayan), but it was with different group of priests. Then, we met some of old friends along the way, Paul, Rifan with the long Hair, Jeffry, Yoan (suprisingly), Manley, Aditya, and Andre Wombat's parents.

Bring back those high school memories again...

We missed the snack box, getting really hungry, and just in time, Lorraine asked us to join them to have dinner...'makanan pinggir jalan'...(how to say it in English by the way???). Finally, after dunno how many years, I finally can re-taste 'Nasi Gila' again (Crazy Rice, is that a proper English?) and the Side Road Toast a.k.a Rotipang. It was a hilarious night, with lots of cheers and laughter, not bad to celebrate Christmas Eve with a bunch of friends, although it was only a few of us.

On the Christmas Day, we had a little gift exchange with my mum and dad, and too bad my sis, Temmy and Arthur couldn't make it. If they were here, I'm sure it would be a blast !!! On that nite also, we went to my uncle's place @ Tebet, to celebrate his birthday and had family gathering. It's been a tradition in my family (from dad's side) that we have this reunion every Christmas, so the house is always packed up with relatives. It's nice to see the old faces again, and some new ones. Not forget to mention, the dinner was great !

Look who's back? Miss Canada...

On the next day, Vincent and Angela (my cousin), held a similar party at their place, but on different occasion where on that day, they were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary. To make things better, their kids are all in the house, since Nisa is at Jakarta for holiday. Apart from the dinner, we also had the gift exchange, with total 27 christmas presents altogether.

It was a hectic weekend, I must say, but it was also a memorable one. I guess, Christmas is much more meaningful when you spend some of your time with God, family, friends, and your love ones. Well, again...Merry Christmas everyone !!!

1 comment:

Temmy & Monika said...

hi bro...yeaahh we wish we could be there with you all, to make the Christmas time more merrier heuahuehuea :). I think on Imlek I couldn't go home either....Temmy will get busy until end of March...yikes ?ahuhauhaha :). Then I guess you couldn't have my last ang pao before you're getting married wheuheuhe :P. But next year, you should give to Arthur instead ahuhauhauha :P