Thursday, October 8, 2009

You should have come, buddy!!!


Sounds weird for a blog title, but I've been telling me those words for the past week. So, what's the case? Well, I didn't attend my best friend's wedding. As simple as that, but truthfully, it matters in the end. A week before her marriage, my buddy asked me whether I can make it or not, and I told him I couldn't make it, plain and straight answer. Then, a question that blew me away..."But, she's your best friend, rite?"...and on that instant, I was speechless. Eventually, I didn't make it to the wedding, and told her that I was terribly sorry I couldn't come and wish her the best.

Since then, I started to roll out the memory for the past few years. Well, she's the first friend I made back in college. We went through a lot, ups and downs, and we were even in the same final year project group. Whenever we had a normal conversation, it was just like cats and dogs, or in other words, we were never agreed on anything. Nevertheless, she was a good listener whenever I need some ears to talk to, and she helped me through one tough time (my break-up). Yes, I remember when I pissed her off so badly that I almost can't forgive my self. But things have changed since then. Eventually, she's a good friend indeed.

Oh well, what can I say? I'm happy for her now, hope she is blessed with her new family, and can't wait to see when the junior comes out! And I miss all those nonsense fightings. In the end, it's the small things which we cherish from old buddies.

Now, let's see, who's next in line for the wedding, I should book the ticket plane !!!

PS:She used purple for her wedding theme, no surprise there, huh?

1 comment:

tirza said...

hehehe..tak apa kawan..sudah berlalu..dijadiin pelajaran aja..next time, you have to attend your besties wedding!!! you have to promise me to come to my wedding too (my wedding? hahaha..semua katakan amiiiin...hehe)