Tuesday, October 27, 2009

3rd prize!!!


What a f*ckin' surprise, my group won the 3rd prize for the recyclable housing design competition. The event was held by the Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) with collaboration with Habitat for Humanity. Well, we never expected that the jury would put a such high remark in our design. We were just doing in for fun and our portfolios, but to win a 3rd prize, oh man, it's a big surprise. I mean, when I looked at the terms and regulations, the winner should have been e-mailed by October 5, which is a month ago, and we didn't received any single news. But then, on October 15, suddenly I got the jackpot when I check my mailbox. Whoa, I was stunned for a while, and I had to re-read the whole letter just to make sure that I read it correctly. But back then, I wasn't notified which prize we've won, where it just stated that the winner will be announced during the networking party dinner, held at the Loof, Odeon Tower on October 20.

Well, so much for a dinner I guess. We came down there, and 'this dinner' was eventually just a cocktail party, and I was damn starving that time. Nevertheless, my stomach began to tremble when the announcement was made, and 3rd prize came up. Consequently, we also got the S$2100 cheque to be divided among us. Not bad huh, with just S$50 investment, we got two grand in return. The party was great also, since I got the chance to hangout with my friends, and met new ones.

We had so much fun in the design process, and we're really happy for the result. And this is not the last one for sure, can't wait to take part in another bigger competition. But, let's cherish this moment for a while. Cheers !!!

No comments: