Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 09/week#2/ - England, Batman, and Wii-hacking


Well, it's confirmed, England will go to South Africa next year, after demolished the Croats 5-1. Back then, Gerrard and Lampard was just like oil and water, and now they just make England which I think has the best midfielders in the world. 2 goals each just proves to the critics that they can perform as good as in the club level. It's still a long way to go, though, and they haven't faced the upper tier teams, but nevertheless, I'm happy to see them go through the group stage, without losing and score the most goals compared to any other country. Although, the issue is that when some of the starters get injured, players like Rooney is hardly substituted, since he always provides the inspiration and the energy for attacking. But, I believe Don Capello has something in his mind to fill up the hole when it's necessary.

Batman Arkham Asylum is well made videogame afterall. It has actions, stealth, Batman's gadgets, all the main characters, and many other things. Just can't get enough of it. Although, since the game occasionally crashes out, it just annoys me...should I buy the original one, huh? (imagining Suri's looking at me with her killer stare....ooohhh...damn, pretty scary!!!)...I guess, I just have to wait for someone to upload the original copy of the game and a decent crack-fix into it.

And, finally...I managed to crack my Wii so it can play the games directly from the external HD. I just bought a 1 TB Western Digital HD, to fill it with the movies, TV series, 3Ds max libraries, comics, songs, etc; which has already consumed 80% of my previous WD 500GB. With a bit of patience and focus, tweaking here and there, finally...I can backup all my Wii games onto the HD, and I won't have to change CDs anymore. And to spice things up, using the USB loader GX to read the HD, it also capable to use some cheat codes....niceeeeee !!!! (Mind you, don't have time to finish all the games in the 'right' way...last time I did this with metroid, I spent almost 3 months....)

Currently, I'm listening to Mat Kearney, A Fine Frenzy's and Ingrid Michaelson's new albums. Kudos to Mat Kearney, his 'Closer To Love' just nicely stuck in my head for several days. I downloaded his previous albums, and just played them randomly on my iTunes along with the other two artists. Between them, I'm listening to David Gray, Colbie Calliat, and Reba McEntire. Now, I'm not that bored any more with my iPod tracks.

During the midweek, Suri and I managed to catch 2 Al Pacino's movies, 'The Insider' and 'The Godfather'. I was quite skeptical that Suri will enjoy watching both, since they are quite 'heavy' for her standard, especially for 'the Insider'. Mind you, the movie was directed by Michael Mann, who also makes 'Heat', 'Collateral', and the latest one, 'Public Enemies'. Suri was almost sleeping during watching the latest two. But in the end, it came up that she enjoys this one. Well, apart from the 'based on true story' premise, I believe Russell Crowe's performance and the tobacco industry issue managed to grab her interest.

On the other hand, 'The Godfather', is amazingly a very good movie after all. Surprisingly, she likes it a lot also, although the movie was 3-hours long. Along the way, I told her who is Marlon Brando, James Caan, and Robert Duvall. She was quite surprised to see Al Pacino was so young compared to the other movie. Well, it has 25 years difference, I guess it explains all. I told her that in spite of so many remakes and reboot projects in Hollywood these days, I'm sure that no one has the guts to remake the Godfather trilogy again. I don't think Hollywood will have another Brando, Pacino, De Niro, and other amazing casts such as this one. Till next week then...

Notes: Someone just ask me to watch Grudge 3, and write the review...

1 comment:

Temmy & Monika said...

Grudge 3??? don't think you will watch it bro....if you dare enough hauhauhahahha :P