Wednesday, January 4, 2012

AT-AT and AT-ST

This is gonna be my first blog written from Blogger apps on iPhone, let's see how convenient it will be.

Okay, geek mode...During my trip to HK, I spared some time to wander around Mongkok area, which is claimed to be one of the best spot to find toys. After some extensive browsing, I managed to find out that there's a shopping area named In's Point (just near Yao Ma Tei MTR exit along Nathan Road), where it has 2 floors full with toy seller, including LEGO shops.

To my excitement, the place was awesome, with lots of variety among toys. But as my wifey pointed out, jst focus on LEGO. Adding to my amusement, the pricing wise was crazily cheaper, some are like 40% off from Singapore's pricing, almost made it even with US pricing. So, after wandering around some shops, my wifey bought me not just one, but TWO sets for my Xmas presents!

AT-AT Walker
Luke hanging out

I finally picked out AT-AT walker (from episode V, Battle of Hoth), and AT-ST (episode VI, Battle of Endor). I grabbed them for total less than SGD 300, considered as a steal! Initially I was looking for the walking AT-AT, but it was too expensive...so I pass them out. Especially for the AT-ST, it was the UCS version (standa for Ultimate Collector's Series), which does not usually come with mini figs, but more detail, bigger scale, and comes with info plate. This adds my previous UCS sets of Millennium Falcon and Vader's TIE ship.

Back in Singapore, the AT-ST was mostly built by my buddy, Ebhe, another LEGO Star Wars enthusiast, who might steal it if I'm careless. For the AT-AT, I built it up in slowly for the enjoyment purpose, and finished it in a week.

To my bewilderment, they are good sets indeed, good deal as well. Wifey also spare some spaces in the living room for display, damn she's awesome!



AT-ST UCS version

No comments: