Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter and Baptism


First of all, Happy Easter for all my Christian friends....This is the first time I celebrate Easter in Singapore, and I must say, this must one of the most memorable mass I've attended so far, and also the longest...I picked up St. Mary of The Angels church, since I really like the ambiance and also, the design itself (damn architect)...another reason is that I was eager to see two of my besties to be baptized. So, Linda and Koeslid....happy for you both!!

Yeah, I just realized I've never been to the baptism event where the catechumens are drown in the pool. And the good thing about this church, is that the pool is right there in the middle...(Man, those people from WOHA really know every single important element of church design).

The mass started at 9PM, but for getting seats sake, we arrived 1 1/2 hour earlier, but still, most of the seats had been booked (not surprising though), haissss...I really hate the S'poreans way of booking tables and seats. Good thing the Priest gave announcement that first come first served...eat that !!! Eventually, I got a seat, along with Kary and Ferdinand, which was very cool...since I dun have to endure the whole mass alone.

For the mass itself, it took 3 1/2 hour, the longest in my experience, but perhaps the least boring I've ever attended, since they managed to keep the mood alive, and Fr. John and Derrick sometimes uttered few nice jokes. But perhaps, the additional factor which kept me on my seat maybe the aircon. Don't get me wrong, but I guess the cool air managed to keep most of the felt people comfortable.

But, the high moment of that evening was the baptism ritual, where each of catechumens are drowned in the pool, as the symbol of 'being born again'. Some funny moments were occurred though, where some of the them gave funny reactions during or after being drowned...

So, for Linda and Koeslid, I know it's been a tough 1 1/2 half year of RCIA period, but I believe it's also been a precious period to prepare yourself of becoming Catholics...and I'm sure this will be fruitful in the end. So, welcome to the club. For Linda, I guess now you can change ur schedule to Sunday Mass :)...actually I was planning to grab a pic of you both yesterday, but I guess all of us had been very tired, whew....(remembering that total 5 hours spent at the church).

In the end, I felt joyful and highly spirited, thanks for a wonderful evening.

Luke 24:6-7
"He is not here, but has been raised! Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and on the third day rise again."

No comments: