Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P Jacko and Farah Fawcett


Today, the world just lost its two icons...The King of Pop and a Charlie's Angel. Although I didn't follow Farrah Fawcett career track, I knew that she made other decent movies apart from the hit TV-series (move over Drew, Cammy, and Lucy, the original was way much hotter...). Yes, she's a legendary icon.


I wasn't surprised with Fawcett passing, since she's struggling with cancer for the last couple of years. While Jacko...whoa, that struck me early in the morning when I read the headline news.

I grew up with MJ, bought his albums from Thriller until HIStory, this one is irreplaceable. Through all controversy and the child-molester issue, no other pop artist (perhaps apart from The Beatles and Elvis) is bigger that him at the moment. All his songs, the style, the gimmicks, the moonwalking...has become a popular culture of the 80' s and reached its peak at early 90's.

My favorite song is the 'Smooth Criminal', I remember when I was a kid, I played over his 'Bad' album, and repeat this track over and over again. Other memorable tracks are 'Thriller', 'Billie Jean', 'Man In the Mirror', and list can go on and on. Apart from the controversy, his attempt to unify the 'white' and the 'black' color should be appraised. His contribution to several social activities has sent messages to all different kind of people. Even the term 'Heal the World' is still often used for social ads. Too bad for Jacko, he's just several weeks away from his comeback world tour. Just too bad...

In the end, may they rest in peace...and let's still hope that still continue to send the message for our next generation....

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

No comments: