Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My current playlist...

Last week, I went to the Kings of Convenience convert at the Esplanade, and I must say, it was a splendid performance from the Norwegian duo. Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambek Bøe ( I still dunno how to spell their full name) entertained the audience for 90 minutes with their magnificent acoustic performance. Lucky enough, Suri and me managed to be part of the show, considering we almost run out of tickets. Well, apparently, an expensive ticket it's really worth it especially when you are already on your seat (we sat on K row, which like 8-10 m from the stage).


My point being is, there is so many non-mainstream artists out there who are so talented. The difference is that mostly they are under the radar. Kings of Convenience was my first so-called non-mainstream music (thanks to the a particular 'chick' which has poisoned me with this, I must say it worked well!). Afterwards, I've been trying to find other indie singers, especially folk kind of type. And, I dunno why, I felt like I'm more into female singers than males. I guess it's kinda cool when you are a hot chick, who can sing, play your instruments, and write your own songs. I used to love Lisa Loeb, Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Garbage, and Jewel. Somehow, I can't find suitable substitutes for those females, and I can only think a few, e.g. Colbie Calliat (too mellow), Taylor Swift (one of my favs at the moment), and Katy Perry (hot and rock n roll).

So, what I did was that I just click into amazon.com or iTunes store, and search for other similar music with Kings of Convenience. Usually they will be listed under "Listeners also bought:". And after some time of collecting those artist (or in illegal term, 'downloading'), I enlisted some of the good ones, so you might want to listen just in case you're bored with Britney, Miley, or Gaga...



4. Olivia Broadfield


5. Temper Trap


6. Port Blue (from Owl City)


7. The Bird and the Bee


8. A Fine Frenzy


9. Kate Voegele


10. Kristina train


Okay, I guess those 10 are on my current playlist. How to get them? Legally, buy them at the CD store, although no guarantee they are available. Support the artist by buying the original CDs...In my case, I get them through torrents...

Hope you like 'em...enjoy your weekend !!!

No comments: